Telecommunications and Networking
A Bank Headquarters are opening two new branches to help serving over populated costumers in the same city. The two new branches need to connect them to the Headquarter main database servers and data centers.
Each branch will need to have a direct WAN connection to the headquarters. Furthermore there will be a WAN connection between both branches. Each branch consist of 3 floors:
- Ground floor has 53 connectivity nodes (faceplate) that serve:
- 10 customers windows and 3 ATM machines
- The finance department 20 connectivity nodes (faceplate)
- 20 unused connectivity nodes (faceplate) for expansions in the first floor
- First Floor: house the Data center and the Database Center and 80 cable node also each department will have their own IT department.
- Second Floor: 80 connectivity nodes (faceplate) and its divided as follow:
- 20 connectivity nodes (faceplate) for the Human resources department
- 20 connectivity nodes (faceplate) for Management.
Each branch need to access the Bank headquarters Data to Synchronize the Data, this happens every night after working hours. Each branch router is directly linked to headquarters routers with the following IP address:
- Branches need to be connected using a Class A addressing scheme using a Serial Connection.
- All Datacenters will use a Class B addressing scheme
- All users will connect to the network using a Class C addressing scheme.
- All departments will be separated by using separate VLANS.
You and your team are hired to build the Bank Network system and you are required to do the following:
- Draw a schematics of each branches showing the following using MS-VISIO or a similar program:
- Each floor connectivity nodes
- Equipment room for the backbone of each branch
- You need to show all router/switch/device settings in a text file.
- Show traffic simulation between floors in each branch using Wireshark.
- You need to build the network topology using GNS3 showing the topology for each branch and the connectivity between the branches and head quarters
- Using GSN3 simulate the network in each branch and the overall topology
- Using GNS3 show the required bandwidth and traffic in linking between the HQ and the two branches and calculate to total all bandwidth
- Show the detailed configuration of all the used routers and switches. The network needs to be designed using at least one routing protocol (RIPv2, OSPF or EIGRP).
- List the all required hardware: For example, but not limited to: Router, Switches, cabling, connectivity and the implementation, with estimate cost (use excel). Include a detailed price estimate to include installation.
Your deliverables should be a professional report, presentation (15-20 minutes) and configuration files submitted individually on blackboard.