“How does development in subject knowledge enhance teaching and learning within the mathematics classroom”
- 2500 words
- With reference to current literature, discuss the impact of subject knowledge on teaching and learning.
- Critically analyse the impact this has on pupil progress and on an inclusive education.
- In light of the recent changes to the mathematics curriculum, reflect on the key issues surrounding mathematical subject knowledge for teaching.
- You have an advanced critical understanding of key issues, concepts and theories in mathematics with due regard to issues of inclusion.
- You have an advanced critical understanding of current research about teaching and learning in mathematics. There is clear evidence of the ability to evaluate and critique these and link theory and practice.
- You have demonstrated a high ability to evaluate and use research to understand and inform practice, and to use data and experience from practice to critique research.
- There is a high degree of skill and originality in analysing, synthesizing, evaluating and critiquing ideas, and in presenting a coherent argument.