COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING CARE PLAN INSTRUCTIONS
As part of this course, you are to present a community health nursing care plan based on the findings from your windshield survey, epidemiology presentation, public health paper or family assessment.
- Review chapter 2 Power Point presentations that you can find attached. Pay special attention to slides number 7 thru 11 (Using the nursing process to the community).
- Based on your windshield survey observations, epidemiology presentation, public health paper or family health assessment identify 5 community health issues/problems, formulate the diagnosis and develop a nursing plan of care. See attached the Windshield survey, the epidemiology presentation, public health paper and the family health assessment.
- Planning and prioritization phase must be included in the plan.
- Refer to box: 2-6 on page 42 of our class textbook for guidance. See textbook information below.
- Submit plan of care in a Power Point presentation format
- Three scholarly evidence-based references are required to sustain your planning and interventions (class textbook does not count)
Community nursing health care plans are not similar to the care plans that we are accustomed to develop in hospital setting, planning and interventions take a different approach.
Saucier Lundy, K., & Janes, S. (2009). Community Health Nursing, Caring for the Public’s Health, 2nd Edition. Sudbury, Mass: Jones and Barlett Learning.