Go to both of the web sites noted and addressed the questions pointed out in a two-page paper. You are expected to take some time reviewing each site. Additional research may be needed. List your responses in numerical order, 1 – 6.
Tour 1—National Center for Elder Abuse: Go to http://www.ncea.aoa.gov/ (Links to an external site.) and explore the site using the links at the top of the page.
1. List three benefits of this web site.
2. Present six things you learned. Be specific and detailed.
Tour 2—PBS – “Race: The Power of Illusion:” Go to http://www.pbs.org/race/000_General/000_00-Home.htm (Links to an external site.) and click on “Learn More.” Review each of the links on the right menu.
3. List six things you learned from this site. Be specific.
4. Describe your results in the “Sorting People” Activity? Did it surprise you? Explain.
5. Describe three issues and problems with stereotyping people AND one way to prevent each one.
6. When dealing with victims of crime, why is being culturally competent a benefit and stereotyping a disadvantage?
Sources must be cited in APA format.
ASSIGNMENTS MUST BE WORD PROCESSED in Times New
Roman, 12 font and DOUBLE SPACED with ONE INCH MARGINS.