FXT Task 3 scenario-1
SUBDOMAIN 427.1 – ENTERPRISE CONTINUITY PLANNING
Competency 427.1.7: Continued Assessments During a Disaster – The graduate assesses needs, threats, and solutions prior to and during a network disaster.
Disaster planning can help eliminate and reduce the potential for economic damage, loss of life, and destruction of property during a disaster. This task will focus on the recovery phase of the disaster recovery cycle.
Imagine you have been hired as a disaster recovery trainer. Your job is to respond to a scenario that requires individuals being trained to evaluate a simulated disaster response. The simulated organization and disaster are outlined in the attached “LPHG Disaster Recovery Scenario.” The organization’s plan’s, policies and impact analysis are attached as well (“LPHG Backup and Recovery Policy,” “LPHG Business Impact Analysis,” “LPHG Disaster Recovery Plan”)
- Using the attached “After Action Report Survey Template,” create an after action report (AAR) by doing the following:
- Discuss the plans, procedures, or other documents that were in place before the disaster in the General Information section of the template.
- Summarize what occurred during the response in the scenario in the General Information section of the template.
- Identify threestrengths.
- Analyze the strengths of the disaster response in the scenario by doing the following:
- Discuss the contributing factors of eachof the three strengths.
- Discuss how the organization’s plans, policies, and impact analysis contributed to eachstrength.
- Discuss positive consequences of eachof the three strengths.
- Recommend ways to improve on eachof the three strengths.
- Identify threeareas of improvement.
- Analyze the areas for improvement of the disaster response in the scenario by doing the following:
- Discuss the contributing factors of eachof the three areas for improvement.
- Discuss how the organization’s plans, policies, and documents contributed to eachof the three areas for improvement.
- Discuss consequences of eachof the three areas for improvement.
- Recommend changes to the response plan (e.g., plans, procedures, equipment, training, mutual aid support, management, and leadership support) that could resolve the causes of eachof the three areas for improvement.
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: Provided documents do not require citation.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.