Philosophy Short Essay – 10 Points Each
1) What is the Law of Non-Contradiction, and what role does it play in
Gensler’s approach to ethics?
2) Describe “Coherentism.” Be sure to include its relation to systems
such as geometry.
3) Explain how Gensler’s approach to ethics relates to axiomatic systems.
4) Describe the Golden Rule as Gensler approaches it, and distinguish
it from the other approach to the Golden Rule that he rejects. Be sure
to explain why he rejects the other form of the Golden Rule.
5) Lay out and explain the main points presented by Kreeft and
Boonin in their debate on abortion. Be sure to include the points they
raised in their opening statements as well as the responses in their
6) What is consequentialism? Be sure to include its relation to utilitarianism.
7) Explain how pragmatism is associated with consequentialism.
8) What is the difference between consequentialism and non-consequentialism?