Asian Currency Crisis
The following is the list of questions for the paper:
- How did the Asian Currency Crisis Start?
- What were the major causes for the crisis?
- Why did it spread to other countries?
- What damage did the Asian economies suffer as a result of the crisis?
- How did it affect international trade and exchange rates, i.e. who were the winners and losers?
- How did it get resolved? Who suffered in the aftermath of the resolution of the crisis?
- What was the impact of the crisis on the financial markets in the U.S.?
- Scanning the globe, what country, or group of countries, could have the next currency crisis?
How to Approach the ACC Research Paper
- Do your research in the library , on the Web, etc.
- Read, absorb, process, understand the issues and then attempt to present the issue in your own words.
- Do not cut-and-paste!
- Make your explanations logical and easy to understand and follow
- Employ all that you have learned in the class, if applicable, to the events in the crisis
- The causes and origins of the crisis are the most important parts of the paper – concentrate on those issues and devote about ½ of the paper to them
- Keep your explanations and answers short, but logical
- Include your sources of research in bibliography
- Do not quote directly!
- The list of questions is just a backbone for your paper – you can cover other issues of importance as well