ENTERPRISE MOBILE APP
In this assignment 1 you are the Manager of a department in a global multinational company (the type of organization/industry/business/service (check the topic in the instructions)
In the light of the increasing number of your employees using their own mobile devices (BYOD) for work purposes, you have come up with an idea for a smartphone mobile app for a particular problem that will help improve the workflow, communications and productivity of your staff, both in-house as well as with company employees across the globe.
Using Microsoft PowerPoint, develop a professional presentation to the CIO to convince him/her to provide the appropriate resources to realize the development, implementation and integration of your concept application into the Enterprise’s App Store.
The concept of the app does not have to be particularly sophisticated or innovative for the purposes of this course. We are more interested in the processes and issues involved rather than the end product itself, and the app is therefore to be considered only as a means to an end. So an adaptation of an existing product or solution is acceptable.
Your pitch to the CIO will include:
- Details about the organization/industry/business/service
1.1. Type (assigned to you)
1.2. Description of the organization
1.3. Description of department of which you are the Manager
- The concept
- The business drivers
- The benefits
- The target audience
- Impact on existing staff, processes and procedures
- A wireframe/prototype design of the user interfaces showing the app in its various steps and phases
- In the design process, the best way to show customers, managers, and programmers the product you have in mind and want to create is to make a mock-up of the views that compose the application user interface.
- One of the first things you want to do to develop your app idea is to create a mock-up of the app. A mockup, as the name implies, is a basic visual prototype of the look and feel of your app. Mock-ups serve two purposes, one is to test the core concepts of your app and the second is to serve as a blueprint to use when working with developers to build your app. A good mockup will lay out what every screen in your app looks like down to the buttons, colours and fonts and will illustrate how someone moves through the app to complete basic tasks.
- The course examiner has negotiated a free licence for the Balsamiq wireframe software which you are free to download and use (https://balsamiq.com/download/#). Explore the many resources (videos, tutorials, blogs, etc.) at this site.
i. LICENSE INFORMATION:
- License Name: Global Information Systems Strategy 2016
- License Key: eJzzzU/OLi0odswsqnHPyU9KzFHwzEvLL8pNLMnMz1MIriwuSc0tVgguKUosSU2vVDAyMDSrMTSxMDA3sLAwAIGakBpDAH9vF3M=
- License End Date: Jan 01, 2017
- Be sure to copy and paste the License Name and License Key exact as show above.
- Please note that you may use a mockup/wireframe/prototype tool of your choice
- The maximum number of slides is 13-15 excluding ((title page, table of contents, introduction, reference)
- Each slide must include speaker’s notes (in the Notes section) that expand on the bullet points and graphics on the slide.
- There must be evidence in your presentation that your app is directly related to the organization/industry/business/service that you have been assigned. Failure to do so will result in zero marks being awarded for this assignment.