Buy paper for this assignment here (Email us: email@example.com)
Assignment: Healthcare Information System Standards
Due Date: See Course Syllabus. When completed, please upload your MS Word file to scholar.
- Describe the various standard code sets for diagnoses, laboratory tests, procedures, and medications
- Understand the classes of HL7 FHIR standard.
- Demonstrate how various standard code sets for diagnoses, laboratory tests, procedures, and medications are integrated into the HL7 FHIR.
- Create Patient data in FHIR format.
Directions: Please answer the following questions using the web ex lecture for Assignment 3, the FHIR Introduction and FHIR Introduction for developers, and other materials as desired. You should find more information about FHIR on the internet to help with this assignment. The following links may be useful.
All answers should be in your own words and any examples should be unique.
Upload your Word document into the scholar site. In the event that the scholar isn’t working, please send an e-mail to the course DLI with your Excel Document as an attachment. Please use a document naming convention that allows the DLI to determine your name. EXAMPLE: “LastName_FirstName_Assn3.docx”.
This assignment involves understanding standard healthcare data code sets, understanding the HL7 FHIR EHR standard, and learning how patient and other data are represented in FHIR. Create one document for the assignment.
- Identify and briefly describe each of the standard code sets for diagnoses, laboratory tests, procedures, medications and clinical reasoning including the purpose of the codeset, the range of items listed in the codeset, the number of codes in the codeset, and how the codeset is related to the data from our book “Administrative Healthcare Data,” including the FacilityHeader, FacilityDetail, ProfessionalHeader, ProfessionalDetail, Pharmacy, and any other relevant tables. This is a research and reporting task. You are to identify the relevant codesets, (hint: this information is summarized in chapter 10), then do additional research using the internet to provide your definition of each codeset. (about 1 paragraph per codeset)
b.) Laboratory tests
c.) Medical procedures
e.) Clinical reasoning
This is a website that you should review that is related to one of the codesets:http://loinc.org/. You should find and review websites for the other codesets.
2) HL7 FHIR (Fast Health Interoperable Resources) (10 points)
Review the power point “Introduction to FHIR for Developers.pptx” (skip slides 70-76)
- a) Write a short description (one paragraph) of the information on this page.
- b) Review the FHIR patient information at the following links. Write a short description (one paragraph) of the information gathered for a Patient:
- c) Review the FHIR Observation information. Write a short description (one paragraph) of the information gathered for an Observation:
- d) Review the FHIR CodeableConcept information. Write a short description (one paragraph) of the information gathered for a CodeableConcept:
- e) Review the FHIR DiagnosticReport information. Write a short description (one paragraph) of the information gathered for a DiagnosticReport:
3) Review this website on how to integrate codesets into FHIR data. Write a paragraph explaining how each of the codesets you found for your response to question 1 are implemented in FHIR. (5 points)
4) Use the SAS university edition to create an XML Patient file from the Members table by completing the following steps: (5 points)
- a) Create a Patient Table from the Members table. The patient table should use the column names from FHIR patient definition. Add attributes for managingOrganization and showing the record is active.
- b) Generate an XML file from the new patient table.
- c) Describe how this XML file can be transformed into a FHIR Patient XML file.