Child and Adolescent Development class
Assignment Help: Unit 5: Cognitive Development: Language and Intelligence
WE ARE WORKING ON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Design a New School
This is a team work and my part is highlighted which you have to work on powerpoint
This Assignment assesses the following course outcomes:
HN 377-6: Design ethical interventions to serve children and adolescents.
PC1.1: Work in teams to achieve collective goals.
Team Peer Evaluation Worksheet located in doc sharing.
You have noticed several schools in your community have been reporting failing scores and are struggling to engage students. In this Assignment you will be working with a group of peers to design a new school to serve the children in your community. The design of the school will be based on what you have learned about the concept of multiple intelligences through your textbook and at least two additional sources.
Create a minimum 15 slide PowerPoint presentation incorporating the following elements:
- Compare and contrast traditional theories on intelligence with Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences. (THIS IS THE ONLY PART YOU HAVE TO WORK ON BECAUSE THAT’S MY PART OKAY)
- Based on what you have learned about the theory of multiple intelligences, describe how students in your new school would be grouped.
- List the subject areas that would be taught in your school and describe how learning would be assessed.
- Describe how Gardner’s theory would help shape the layout of the school.
- Explore the characteristics and strengths that the teaching staff should comprise.
Please keep the following expectations in mind:
- A minimum of 15 slides (not including title, team member page, and references slides).
- A title slide with a title that clearly indicates the topic of the presentation.
- A team member page with each team member’s name.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
- Use APA citations on appropriate slides.
- If images are used, they should be properly referenced.
- A minimum of three academic or scholarly sources (not including of the textbook) must be used.
- Unit 5 Assignment: Design a New School
- Items highlighted in gray are also analyzed for course outcomes.
|Course Content: 80 points|
|Clearly compares and contrasts traditional cognitive development theories with Garner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences.||0 – 20|
|Using the Multiple Intelligence theories, specifically explains how children in your newly designed school would be grouped.||0 – 15|
|Clearly lists the subject areas that would be highlighted in your school and discuss specifically how students’ learning would be assessed.||0 – 15|
|Illustrates or describes the layout of your school and discuss how the Multiple Intelligence theory influenced the design.||0 – 15|
|Lists and supports the characteristics and strengths that the teaching staff should demonstrate.||0 – 15|
|Writing: 20 points|
|Structure: Presentation includes a title slide, team member slide, content slides, in-text citations and reference slide (3 sources required) using APA style. Speaker Notes are included. Presentation is appropriate in length (should be at least 15 slides).||0 – 10|
|Mechanics: Uses Standard American English including correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation, complete sentences and paragraphs, cohesive organization, highly developed viewpoint, and is free of typographical errors.||0 – 10|
|Team Evaluation: 25 points|
|Each member of the group will fill out the team peer evaluation form. The instructor will assess the evaluations and determine this portion of the project grade for each student.||0-25|
|An explanation of the points earned, as well as where the assignment could be strengthened will be included with your grade.|
PLEASE USE SPEAKER NOTES TO FULLY EXPLAIN WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED IN THE BULLET POINTS AS THOUGH YOU ARE PRESENTING TO THE AUDIENCE.