- There are lots of tools to use when making plans which leads to decisions. Why do you suppose that most people tend to stay away from data, facts, and concrete plans? How does this impact the acheivement of goals? In other words… why are why are you not explicit in using data, and if you do set life/career goals, do you share specifics with others?
- Does the importance of knowledge of OB differ based on a manager’s level in the organization? If so, how? If not, why not? Be specific.
- Describe what is meant by the term emotional intelligence. Provide an example of how it’s used in contemporary organizations.
- How do you explain the popularity of work teams in countries such as the United States and Canada, whose national cultures place a high value on individualism?
- Would you prefect to work alone or as part of a team? Why?
- What is motivation? Explain the three key elements of motivation.
- Do you think trust evolves out of an individual’s personal characteristics or out of specific situation? Explain.
- Do followers make a difference in whether a leader is effective? Discuss.
- Which do you think is more important for a manager: speaking accurately or listening actively? Why?
- Discuss the five contemporary communication issues facing managers.
- How are planning and control linked? Is the control function linked to the organizing and leading functions of management? Explain.
- Contrast feedforward, concurrent, and feedback controls.
Write a minimum of two paragraphs for each question.