HVAC DUCT Design Project Grading
- Geometry creation 15 pts.
- Grid generation 5 pts.
- CFD results and post processing 15 pts.
- Design changes if needed for providing required flow
- Presentation of results 15 pts.
- Presentation of HW Results:
- Problem description,
- Preliminary Analysis, your design philosophy
- Duct design geometry presentation (make sure reader can understand the duct design geometry). All Figures in HW must have a title and you must refer to them in your discussions.
- Presentation of Mesh
- Presentation of Sample CFD results
- Report mass flux output from each outlet in tabulated form (and from CFD code in the appendix. Output numbers directly from CFD code in the Appendix). Also report static pressure loss (needed to select a fan for this HVAC duct.)
- Design changes if needed to provide required flow rate
- Appendix: CFD input/output
Additional Work for Graduate Students (20 points):
Report proposed modification to the ducting systems to obtain the required flow rates.
Clearly identify modifications and see number 6 above
heat exchanger design to accommodate temperature output required.
Report proposed heat exchanger design to accommodate temperature output required.
Location of heat exchangers, How they affect required flow rate and static pressure?
How you incorporate heat exchanger into CFD results