Need help-EE 777K: POWER SYSTEMS PROTECTION Graduate Student(s): Undergraduate Student(s): Name and myWSU ID of group members:
Last Name First Name MyWSU ID
Objective: As an engineer, you should be able to understand new technologies quickly and communicate the information to both technical and non-technical colleagues. As graduate students, you should have the skills to do RESEARCH on any topics. This research project should help you further develop these skills.
Expectation: Select a topic related to CURRENT technologies in the wide area of power system protection. You can choose a topic from the given list or find a suitable topic. The report may be written about a technology itself or about applications of a technology. Selection of the topic is an important part of this assignment. Once you have decided on the topic you want to do an extended search in gathering information. You could use WSU library to browse electric power related publications (e.g. IEEE spectrum, IEEE Power Engineering Review, IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, IEEE Trans. on Power System, IEEE trans. on Smart Grid, Electrical World, Transmission and Distribution, Power, and other magazines covering electric power issues). You are encouraged to use web search engines (e.g. google, wiki, ask, yahoo, etc.) and websites (www.epri.com, http://www.doe.gov, http://www.ieee.org, etc.). Confirm that your selection is current and relevant. Get familiarized with the interlibrary loan facility at WSU library. This could be the ideal source for most current information if the full text is not available online. The process can take up to two weeks. You are presenting this to your client. They need specific information that will allow them to make a decision and then begin to develop applications of the technology. They will not need history or fundamental engineering formulas. The history or fundamental engineering relationships formulas, etc. are NOT important. Make sure your presentation conveys the vital information about the technology. Pictures can presents lots of words.
Group Members: Graduate students may work in groups up to two; Undergraduate students may work in groups up to three.
Deadlines: The schedule for the research report is as follows: Dec. 1st to Dec 8th, 2016 Presentation for research topic Dec. 13th, 2016: Final report due.
Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
Plagiarism: Paper should be written in your own words. Directly copying any information (text, figures, equations, etc.) from any source without attributing it to the source is considered as plagiarism. Any form of plagiarism will result in getting ‘0’ for the assignment.
Guidelines for paper: Using Microsoft Word. Page limits: Min 4 pages; Max 8 pages. Using IEEE guideline for preparations of papers is required. Using blackboard for submitting the assignment.
Guidelines for presentation: Use Microsoft PowerPoint. Each student/group will be given 10 minutes to present, 5 minutes of question time.
Declaration: To receive a grade for this assignment you must sign on the following. Note that any form of plagiarism will result in student getting zero for the assignment.
We did not collaborate with anyone on this assignment but my group member and the instructor:
Name: (1)___________________ (2)____________________ (3)_________________________
Signature: (1)___________________ (2)____________________ (3)_________________________
Need Help- Cross-hedging cannot hedge risk totally？
- When the hedger cannot find a specific contract for the underlying assets, they will use another related underlying assets contract. But I think the cross-hedging cannot hedge risk totally.
- I think sometime the hedger will still have risk when they use the cross-hedging. Even the two different assets are related, but the two assets still different. And there will have some unexpected reason make one assets price decrease, but another assets price not change.
- I think even the two different underlying assets are related, they still different. For example because the climate change make one specific fruit price change. But another fruit will not influenced by the climate. That means the cross-hedging will not working.
- For the research I will find two different underlying assets and those two underlying assets are related. And there should have specific price of the assets and option price. And I will find in two different situation, the first one is cross-hedging can hedge the risk the second one is cannot hedge. Comparing the two situations to prove the cross-hedging cannot hedge risk totally, and why cannot hedge risk totally.
Guideline for Developing (Implementing) a Research Idea for the Class Project
A research idea is a question that intrigues you and you would like to seek the answer to. While most research ideas are those that have not had conclusions on yet, for the purpose of this class project, the question you are looking into does not have to be extremely complicated and sophisticated. It can be any small topic you find interesting. It can be a statement that has been acknowledged by most people but you still would like to verify. When writing the research idea of your interest into part of the project report, you should specify the following terms and elaborate on them,
- Research question. Describe the question that intrigues you. Explain why you find it interesting.
- Your hypothesis. Describe what answer you are anticipating and explain why.
- Hypothesis development. You can use Google and Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com/ ) to search for the conclusions and related statements made by the mass media and other scholars. Further your explanation to your hypothesis based on the evidence you collect.
- Design an applicable framework to verify your hypothesis and provide the details of the framework (data and statistic methodology).
If you opt to implement your research idea,
- Collect the data you are using
- Implement the framework you have designed in 4.
- Put your empirical results together and discuss it in the context of your hypothesis.
Here are some examples of the “small” research questions one may want to ask and look into,
- Would a call option and a put option with the same moneyness be equally expensive?
- Would the implied volatilities from a call and a put with the same underlying, strike, and maturity be the same?
- Can futures market always predict the underlying stock market?
Length: 4-5 pages (1000-1250 words, double-spaced, 12-point type)
Choose one of the following broad thesis statements (which relate to class themes and readings), and at least three related artworks, and then do the following:
- narrow the thesis down and refine it to make a more specific claim with regard to the artworks you have chosen
- use the evidence from your research to support the thesis.
For many artists in the late 19th and earlier 20th centuries, an emphasis on the use of non-naturalistic colours was a key means for developing new modes of artistic expression. (Classes 2, 3. Suggested artists: Vincent van Gogh, Paul Gauguin, Henri Matisse and the Fauves, Ernst Kirchner and other members of Die Brücke)
For the Cubist artists Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque, jokes, puns, and visual games played an important role in their development of a groundbreaking new artistic style. (Class 4. Suggested artists: Pablo Picasso, Georges Braque)
(*This highlighted text is the topic that I have chosen for this assignment.)
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING YOUR RESEARCH PAPER:
1) Use the observations you made in the first written assignment – the Research Log Worksheet – as a jumping off point to write a carefully crafted and well-argued research paperon your selected topic.
2) Choose THREE artworks to focus on in your paper. The artworks may be by the same artist, or different artists.
3) Provide a figure number (i.e. Fig. 1, Fig. 2, etc.) for any image you include in the paper, the first time you mention it. Put the figure number in brackets at the end of the sentence. Provide the figure number again if you compare this work to another work. At the end of the paper, include your illustrations, and identify each one with the appropriate figure number.
4) Your opening paragraph should include yourthesis statement,which will put forward the argument you are going to make about the artworks you are focusing on. The thesis statement is an important element and MUST BE INCLUDED in the opening paragraph. In other words, avoid generalizations at the start of your essay and focus on your thesis from the very beginning.
5) Support your thesisby comparing the three artworks you have chosen, and through additional research from AT LEAST FOUR scholarly sources (which can include the one you used for the first written assignment).
6) Your scholarly sources should consist of secondary sources (i.e. books by art historians, articles in scholarly journals by art historians), andprimary sources, if appropriate (i.e. writing by artists and/or critics from the period of the works you discuss).
7) Be sure to cite your sources thoroughly in order to avoid plagiarism, a very serious academic office. You are to follow the guidelines from the Chicago Manual of Style. For tips on how to cite your sources properly and avoid plagiarism, consult your course syllabus.
8) Provide a title page that includes the title of your essay. The title of the essay should relate to or signal your thesis.Also include your name, student number, and course information. Add page numbers to your research paper, but do not include the title page, or the pages with the image illustrations, in your page count.
(please turn over…)
__ Include colour illustrations of any works you discuss with your research paper (see #3 above for formatting instructions).
__ Submit your first written assignment with your research paper, so that we may refer back to this when marking the research paper – both assignments will be returned to you at the final exam. (Staple the two assignments together; place the research paper on top.)
__ Fill in and submit the Academic Integrity Checklist with your hard copy.
__ Submit a copy of your research paper to turnitin.com.
Important note: your research paper WILL NOT BE MARKED until you have submitted the Academic Integrity Checklist to us, and submitted your research paper to turnitin.com.
Need help- ACC7001:Managerial Finance
COURSEWORK FRONT SHEET
MODULE TITLE: Managerial Finance (1)
MODULE CODE: ACC7001
ISSUE DATE: 10th Oct
HAND IN DATE: 11th Dec, 12.00 PM Midday
HAND BACK DATE: 13th Jan, Next Year
|Learning outcomes and pass attainment level:
1. Evaluate the financial performance of an organisation using financial and narrative information.
The assessment for this unit is one coursework assignment. The required mark has been set at 50%.
This is an individual assessment. Whilst there is no objection to you discussing the content of this assignment with your peers, your final submission must be completely your own work. Plagiarism and copying will not be tolerated and may lead to subsequent penalties being imposed. This is an individual assignment and all calculations, analysis and narrative submitted must be your own work.
The assignment will require a considerable personal investment of time and effort.
Structure of the assignment
There are THREE separate questions included within the assignment and you should attempt all THREE questions. When determining the amount of effort and words for each section of the assignment it will be advisable to examine the weighting of the marks allocated to each question. If any part of the assignment is ignored then this reduces the maximum marks which could potentially be earned.
The word limit to any potential narrative question in the third section alone will be a maximum of 1,500 words excluding the cited references. There is no word limit to questions 1 and 2.
Submission of the assignment
All THREE questions must be attempted and submitted in one document. You are advised to prepare your assignment in Word format and copy and paste contents from Excel where spreadsheets have been used to support your work.
Your student ID number should be shown on each page of your assignment.
Your assignment should be submitted electronically via Moodle and you are advised to do this well in advance of the submission deadline to avoid any system related issues. Feedback on your assignment will also be provided via Moodle once the marking has been completed.
Marking of the assignment
The matrix on the following page has been provided to assist you in completing your assignment and is an indicative guide only, not a formal marking scheme.
Indicative marking guide
|A lack of breadth and depth of financial analysis techniques accompanied by incorrect formulae or calculation without appropriate explanation.
Poor layout or presentation in anything other than business report style. Inadequate grammar and lacking in overall knowledgeable synthesis.
|Evidence of some financial analysis techniques but with errors of formulae and calculation with insufficient explanation and adequate presentation.
Attempt at a business report format with some supportive appendices. Mainly descriptive with some attempt at synthesis. Grammar and structure being adequate.
|Wide range of financial analysis techniques evident and supported by full disclosure of formulae and accurate calculation in a clear format.
Presented in business report format and coherently structured. Supported by referenced appendices. Effective and well-reasoned narrative discussion.
|An excellent range of financial analysis techniques which are supported by full disclosure of formulae and accurate calculation in a clear format.
Excellent business report format and well structured. Supported by fully referenced appendices. Excellent analytical and justified explanations showing synthesis and application.
|A lack of understanding of preparing cash budget and capital budgeting techniques is evident. Unable to correctly prepare cash budget and apply techniques of capital budgeting. Has limited or no narrative discussions.
|Some understanding of preparing cash budget and capital budgeting techniques is evident. Partially correct cash budget and application of techniques of capital budgeting. Narrative analysis partially covers the requirements.
|A good understanding of preparing cash budget and capital budgeting techniques is evident. Correct cash budget and A good application of techniques of capital budgeting in the given scenarios. Narrative analyses are adequate and explain the use of financial information for decision making.
|Excellent understanding of preparing cash budget and capital budgeting techniques is evident. Cash budget and application of techniques of capital budgeting in the given scenarios are both correct and exceptionally well presented including workings. Narrative analyses are quite objective and well-written and explain in detail the use of financial information for decision making. .|
|Failure to engage with the topic and lacking credible academic argument. No evidence of research other than internet sites of dubious quality. Poorly structured and partial coverage of the contents with weak grammar.
|Partial engagement with the topic with some limited evidence of research. Some analysis of the two approaches provided. Grammar, structure and layout adequate.||Identification and conclusion of arguments surrounding the topic with reference to credible academic citations that are fully referenced in a bibliography. Well-structured and coherent narrative employing above average grammar and evidencing significant student research.
|Thoroughly developed arguments with well referenced credible academic sources. Well-structured and presented evidencing excellent grammar and extensive student research and analysis of the topic area.|
Alliance Pharma is a British Pharmaceutical firm. The company’s financial statements for the period 2011-2015 are presented below.
Prepare a business report for Alliance’s board of directors analysing the company’s financial performance between the periods 2011-2015. Your report should utilise key ratios, horizontal and vertical analysis and make reference to relevant developments within Alliance Plc. Total Marks (50)
|Cost of sales||-19,614||-18,493||-17,944||-19,779||-21,469|
|Admin & Marketing Exps||-17,480||-12,510||-12,917||-11,856||-11,235|
|Amortisation of Intangible assets||-199||-488||-422||-573||-735|
|Share-based employee remuneration||-615||-571||-632||-369||-179|
|Share of joint venture profits||194||319||-48||0||0|
|Total operating expenses||-18,100||-13,250||-14,019||-12,798||-12,149|
|Operating profit/loss excluding Exceptional items)||10,630||11,793||13,312||12,320||12,339|
|Profit before taxes||15,182||10,157||12,009||10,809||10,712|
|Profit for the year||12,692||8,385||9,584||8,690||8,636|
|Alliance Pharma Plc|
|Property, plant and equipment||1,013||396||592||564||765|
|Joint Venture investment||1,465||1,271||533||0||0|
|Joint Venture receivable||1,462||1,462||1,462||0||0|
|Deferred tax asset||418||194||0||0||0|
|Other non-current assets||122||0||443||0||0|
|Total non-current assets||264,425||92,198||90,141||80,454||66,895|
|Trade and other receivables||11,630||8,322||10,641||10,145||8,660|
|Cash and cash equivalents||3,229||1,434||687||4,634||1,079|
|Total current assets||27,769||15,670||16,796||20,172||15,391|
|Ordinary share capital||4,682||2,641||2,641||2,430||2,401|
|Share premium account||108,308||29,388||29,380||25,297||24,866|
|Share option reserve||2,610||1,995||1,424||792||423|
|Reverse takeover reserve||-329||-329||-329||-329||-329|
|Long term financial liabilities||58,968||19,235||20,881||20,225||15,225|
|Derivative financial instruments||120||129||0||0||0|
|Deferred tax liability||37,413||6,309||6,294||6,124||4,064|
|Provision for other liabilities||0||0||199||364||510|
|Total non-current liabilities||97,997||25,673||27,374||26,733||24,299|
|Cash and cash equivalents||31||414||2,125||1||1|
|Trade and other payables||13,873||6920||8,531||10,086||8,367|
|Derivative financial instruments||0||0||0||0||6|
|Provisions for other liabilities||0||227||190||197||189|
|Total current liabilities||31,755||11,415||14,895||22,045||13,859|
|Total equity and liabilities||292,194||107,868||106,937||100,626||82,286|
- a) Cash Budget
On December 1, 2016, Zipper Co. is attempting to project cash receipts and disbursements through January 31, 2017. On this latter date, a note will be payable in the amount of £50,000. This amount was borrowed in September to carry the company through the seasonal peak in November and December.
Selected general ledger balances on December 1 are as follows:
Cash £ 44,000
Accounts payable £68,000
Sales terms call for a 3% discount if payment is made within the first 10 days of the month after sale, with the balance due by the end of the month after sale. Experience has shown that 50% of the billings will be collected within the discount period, 30% by the end of the month after purchase, and 14% in the following month. The remaining 6% will be uncollectible. There are no cash sales.
The average selling price of the company’s products is £50 per unit. Actual and projected sales are as follows:
October actual £ 140,000
November actual 160,000
December estimated 165,000
January estimated 125,000
February estimated 120,000
Total estimated for year ending June 30, 2017 £1,200,000
All purchases are payable within 15 days. Approximately 60% of the purchases in a month are paid that month, and the rest the following month. The average unit purchase cost is £40. Target ending inventories are 500 units plus 10% of the next month’s unit sales. Total budgeted marketing, distribution, and customer-service costs for the year are £300,000. Of this amount, £60,000 are considered fixed (and include depreciation of £15,000). The remainder varies with sales. Both fixed and variable marketing, distribution, and customer-service costs are paid as incurred.
Prepare a cash budget for December 2016 and January 2017. Supply supporting schedules (workings) for collections of receivables; payments for merchandise; and marketing, distribution, and customer-service costs. (15 Marks)
- b) Capital Budgeting
John Cooper Plc. is an international clothing manufacturer. One of its manufacturing units in Milan, Italy will become idle on December 31, 2016. You have been asked to look at three options regarding the plant.
Option 1: The plant, which has been fully depreciated for tax purposes, can be sold immediately for €225,000.
Option 2: The plant can be leased to the Anderson Corporation, one of John Cooper’s suppliers, for four years. Under the lease terms, Anderson would pay John Cooper €55,000 rent per year (payable at year-end) and would grant John Cooper a €10,000 annual discount off the normal price of fabric purchased by John Cooper. (Assume that the discount is received at year-end for each of the four years.) Anderson would bear all of the plant’s ownership costs. John Cooper expects to sell this plant for €37,500 at the end of the four-year lease.
Option 3: The plant could be used for four years to make souvenir jackets for the Olympics. Fixed overhead costs (a cash outflow) before any equipment upgrades are estimated to be €5,000 annually for the four-year period. The jackets are expected to sell for €27.50 each. Variable cost per unit is expected to be €21.50. The following production and sales of jackets are expected: 2017, 9,000 units; 2018, 13,000 units; 2019, 15,000 units; 2020, 5,000 units. In order to manufacture the jackets, some of the plant equipment would need to be upgraded at an immediate cost of €40,000. The equipment would be depreciated using the straight-line depreciation method and zero terminal disposal value over the four years it would be in use. Because of the equipment upgrades, John Cooper could sell the plant for €67,500 at the end of four years. No change in working capital would be required.
John Cooper treats all cash flows as if they occur at the end of the year, and it uses an after-tax required rate of return of 10%. John Cooper is subject to a 35% tax rate on all income, including capital gains.
- Calculate net present value of each of the options and determine which option John Cooper should select using the NPV criterion. (10 Marks)
- Calculate the IRR for Option 3. Can the IRR of Option 2 be calculated? Explain. (2 Marks)
- What nonfinancial factors should John Cooper consider before making its choice? (3 Marks) Total Marks (30)
Recent accounting scandals including Enron have been argued to be the result of rule based accounting. Companies, such as Enron, involved in accounting scandals have been claimed to have skilfully taken the advantage of the fine details of rule based accounting standards (US GAAPs) to manipulate accounting threshold for legal and illegal dealings (Ijiri, 2005).
There is now this debate that rules-based approach (such as the US GAAPs) should be abandoned in favour of a principle-based approach such as (IFRS).
Critically analyse both rules-based and principles-based approaches of financial accounting and reporting. Evaluate the merits and demerits of each approach and their implications for quality of accounting and financial reporting. Total Marks (20)
Details of what you are expected to do:
The aim of this assignment is to evaluate students’ understanding of critical issues which have an impact on accountability of a firm particularly with reference to the effect of compliance or non-compliance of corporate governance principles. A secondary aim is to develop and assess students’ critical appreciation of how globalization impacts the accounting and auditing profession.
2. The learning outcomes being assessed
ILO 4 will be assessed – The ability to appraise critically the role of accounting and auditing in the arena of corporate governance.
3. Overview of assignment
Following the ‘Brexit’ referendum, the following blog appeared on the global website, Accounting Web:
“I hope we take back control of our accounting,” said Bournemouth University Professor Stella Fearnley. “Once we’re out of the EU, we won’t have to follow the directives if we don’t want to or comply to the letter with IFRS. So far the EU’s EFRAG committee has endorsed everything the IASB has done with almost no criticism.”
The UK has gone along with financial reporting and auditing decisions coming out of the EU – and the UK Financial Reporting Council (FRC) and BIS still hasn’t resolved the highly significant semantic differences with IFRS and UK company law such as the requirement for accounts to present a “true and fair” view and the definition of distributable profits.
“If we give ourselves the power to push back the IASB, it’s something other countries might follow.
“In the future if we want an Urgent Issues Task Force, we can have one and adapt IFRS to our own needs,” she said. “We can go with what the UK demands. It’ll give us more flexibility and we could call it ‘UK IFRS’ if we want.”
According to Fearnley, the big accounting firms were very enthusiastic about the global convergence project, partly because it would protect US standards-setters (and auditors) from the impact of the Enron scandal, and partly because those firms stood to make billions of dollars from IFRS adoption. “But the state boards and the Securities and Exchange Commission would never give up control of their accounting to a group like the IASB,” she said.
Based on the US model of stronger, more interventionist regulation, Fearnley would like to see the creation of an official UK Companies Commission to take over responsibility for reporting and auditing and investigation of misconduct from the FRC, which has recently been designated as a ‘single competent authority’ by the EU arising from its recent auditing directive.
“The FRC can only investigate UK-qualified accountants,” she said. “If a CFO is a South African accountant or MBA, they can’t go near them. And what about other managers or directors – who goes after them? We need an organisation that can call anyone to account and go in quickly and get on with investigating scandals in a more timely manner than the UK’s ridiculously fragmented system currently allows.”
With reference to the contents in the blog above, write a critical review of extant literature which covers the following requirements:
|Word Count Guidance
The word count for this assignment is 2,000 words (you may split the word count in any way between the two questions mentioned above) and must be electronically submitted via Turnitin.
What is included in the word count?
· Footnotes, except where these are used ONLY to give references to your sources. The use of footnotes to expand upon points you have made in the body of your report will count towards the word limit.
· Appendices – except where these merely reproduce material from your sources / calculations / tables / graphs / diagrams
· Any additional explanation of terms / glossaries etc. WILL count towards the word limit.
· Any tables pasted as picture (.jpeg for example) will be reviewed by the marker and word count added to the main body of the text.
What does not count towards the word limit?
· Appendices exceptions noted above.
· Brief quotes – about 5 lines is the maximum acceptable for each quote, and you should not have more than 6 quotes in your essay. You don’t need to include any at all if you don’t want to. If you do use quotes, it is important that you have a good reason for including it – the quote must be properly introduced, appropriately referenced and you must make some comments on each one.
· References and bibliography
How the word limit will be enforced:
Up to 50 words above the limit – no penalty
For each additional 50 words (or part thereof) beyond that, 1 mark will be deducted from whatever mark would have given in the absence of a penalty.
Thus for an essay with a limit of 1250 words, which is actually 1430 words, which has marked at 65% initially, a penalty of 3% would then be applied, bringing the mark down to 62%.
4. Assessment criteria and weightings
This assignment is an individual assignment and accounts for 40% of your total mark. Elements of this assignment are being assessed as Assurance of Learning in accordance with AACSB standards.
You will be assessed on the critical content you can bring forth in your answers. Critical discussion on a topic is often improved by the following –
The marking criteria have been clearly set out in a rubric appended to this assignment brief.
|Disclaimer: The information provided in this assignment brief (version number: 1) is correct at time of publication.
In the unlikely event that any changes are deemed necessary, they will be communicated clearly via e-mail and/or myBU and a new version of this assignment brief will be circulated.
Appendix to Assignment Brief 2: Rubric
|Aspects of the work
|Fail( <50)||Pass (50-59)||Merit (60-69)||Distinction (70-100)|
|Integration of Knowledge
|Lacks demonstration and comprehension of key concepts and background of the assignment
|To some extent understands and has applied some concepts to the assignment set. Also appreciates the background knowledge behind it
|Mostly appreciate the background knowledge of the assignment.
For the most part, understands and has applied concepts relevant to the requirements
|Thoroughly appreciates the background knowledge of the assignment and has integrated it with all the key concepts as well as own perspective|
|Content and Focus
|Fails to address the task set or little focus on the set requirement
Lacks evidence or limited evidence of knowledge to the topic and/or significantly misuses terminology
Selection of theory/principle is not appropriate as some aspects have been misconstrued
|Has addressed to some extent the main purpose of the assignment
Has given a factual and/or conceptual knowledge base and appropriate terminology
Most key theories/principles are included in the work in a good manner
|Has addressed the purpose of the assignment and with some attempt to demonstrate imagination
Reasonable knowledge of topic and an awareness of a variety of ideas/contexts/frameworks
Insightful and appropriate selection of theory/concept/principle in key areas
|Has addressed the main purpose of the assignment comprehensively and imaginatively
Comprehensive/detailed knowledge of topic with areas of specialisation is depth and awareness of provisional nature of knowledge
Demonstrates the integration and theory/concept/principle key for the assignment
|Depth of Discussion/Analysis
No evidence of literature being consulted or presented but in an uncritically manner, in a purely descriptive way and indicates limitations of understanding
Lacks evidence of critical analysis and rationale for work
Clear evidence and application of readings relevant to the subject; uses indicative texts identified
Demonstrate application of theory and concepts through critical analysis of the assignment set
|Can analyse and apply major theories to some extent and compare alternative ideas
Able to critically appraise the literature and theory gained from variety of sources, developing own ideas in the process
Clear application of theory through critical analysis and discussion
|Can analyse information and using a wide range of theories, principles and techniques
Has developed and justified using own ideas based on a wide range of sources which have been thoroughly analysed, applied and discussed
Consistently demonstrates application of critical analysis well integrated in the whole work
|Does not piece together information and lacks flow which appeared to be created from disparate issues. No headings to link concepts where necessary||Sometimes ties together information from some sources. Ideas flow to some extent though mostly disjointed||For the most parts, ties together information from all sources. Ideas flow mostly across with some few disjointedness||Ties together information from all sources and also flows from one issue to another to the extent that headings may not be needed|
|Clarity of Expression
|Meaning unclear, language not fluent, grammar and/or spellings contain frequent errors||Language quite fluent; grammar and spelling somehow accurate||Language mainly fluent; grammar and spelling mainly accurate||Fluent writing style appropriate to document; grammar and spelling accurate|
|Presentation and Communication
|Communication is unstructured and unfocused and/or in a format inappropriate to the assignment
Little attempt to organise work in a logical manner
|Can communicate effectively to some extent in an appropriate format and report procedures follow a clear and concise manner with all relevant information
Shows organisation and some level of logical presentation
|Can communicate effectively in a format appropriate to the discipline and report procedures in a clear and concise manner mostly with all relevant information in a variety of formats
Carefully and logically organised
|Can engage effectively in debate/discussion in a professional manner and produce detailed and coherent essays/reports
Shows a polished and imaginative approach in presentation
|Limited evidence or invalid conclusions of findings supported by literature||Some evidence of findings and conclusions grounded in literature||Good development shown in summary of arguments based in literature/theory for most findings and evidence||Analytical and clear conclusions well-grounded in theory and literature showing development of new concepts in addition to findings and evidence|
|Referencing is absent or missing||Some attempt at referencing, poor consistency||Referencing is mainly accurate, few omissions||Referencing is consistently accurate and presented well|
Unique Entry Essay
Custom-made Entry Essays
Our custom essay writers are well known for creating high- quality composed admission essays for everyone scholarly professions and academic levels. Our customers are usually pleased by our overall performance and hard job. Our tailor made admission essay on-line products and services and our premium admission essay composed papers has earned the hearts of all learners. Should you give to us secondary education entrance dissertation outstanding ideas, and our entry dissertation freelancers will create terrific essay or dissertation for college programs which you will like.
To guarantee minimal- plagiarized content and articles, we consist of the most up-to- date application to create your papers 100 Percent special. Our skilled and dexterous writers follow international standards and linguistic guidelines so that clients have no problems when they explain themselves to their teachers. Our admission essay freelance writers are aware that plagiarizing content for your essay is unpleasant and only use resources that are allowed.
When writing a unique entry essay they put a lot of energy. They are accredited from all of professions of academia and are permitted to write on any given subject matter. Our team employs writers and editors who are qualified to produce papers for admission that are of exceptional quality. The custom-made essays for academics entry are exceptionally well- composed and our clients, who have made use of them say they were successful and advise us to prospective clients.
Other than composing entry papers for the money, we give entry prerequisite essay or dissertation points, which will clearly enable you to create expert custom admission composition. If your customer demands for admission paper sample, free of charge admission papers for his or her convenience we offer them at customwritings-us. com. Via this, you will discover about our writing capacity and you will find them of good quality. Sometimes a free college entry paper may turn out better than an itemized custom admission paper that is fully taken care of cash by other online companies.
Our custom professionally written papers on admission essay or dissertation you have requested at Customwritings-us.com is going to be distinctively composed entry paper and will also be examined for any feasible plagiarism. Nevertheless, our staff of unique writers are certainly not familiar with making use of essays off their resources. Our writing expert services are customize- made to assist whenever you need entry paper support services and admission essay or dissertation.
Requests like “write my entry essay “or” do my entry essay,” can be easily handled by our essay writers who’ve a team of writers that also assist them. The essay undergoes high quality check to ensure that it surpasses minimum requirements.
We will offer inexpensive admission essay or dissertation authoring services that will be fast. Order an entry paper or buy a custom admission essay or dissertation from us. A customized admission essay written by our authors will help you to be successful. If you are not satisfied with our overall completion or you think that we have not completely revealed the admission paper topic which was provided to us and you simply need some essay editing, you are always welcome to let us know.
For college entry paper help, we will provide a custom entry essay that meets all your enquiries and if you need much more help with the finished papers, you can request us for changes. We believe that our customers deserve the best and that’s why we strive to determine that the papers meet their requirements to make the alternative in the academic level.
If you want to place an order here, click on the button ‘Order Now’ and set the order. Fill Up all the papers details and complete the payment.
Help needed-Case 18. Worldwide Paper Company
Case 18. Worldwide Paper Company
- What is the nature of the investment that is under consideration and what are the sources of value?
- What are the yearly cash flows that are relevant for this investment decision? Complete the worksheet named “CFs_Base Case” in the Excel file “Case_18 Worldwide Paper template.xls.” Do not forget the effect of taxes and the initial investment amount.
- What discount rate should Worldwide Paper Company (WPC) use to analyze those cash flows? Complete the worksheet named “Cost of Capital” in the Excel file “Case_18 Worldwide Paper template.xls.” Be prepared to justify your recommended rate and the assumptions that you used to estimate it.
- What is the net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR) for the investment? How do you interpret these numbers?
- What changes would you make to the base case numbers if an inflation rate of 2% is to be included in the cash flow projection? Complete the worksheet named “CFs_Adjusted for Inflation” in the same Excel file. Should the inflation effect have been considered as part of the base-case analysis?
Help-ECO 106: ASSIGNMENT II
A hard copy of the assignment should be handed in at the beginning of class. Homework should be typed, while graphs can be drawn by hand. Handwritten work will be accepted if it is extremely neat and legible. If I can’t read it, it will not be graded!
Note: Briefly means 1-2 sentences. Working together is good, but write your own version (in your own words!).
- We want to study what happens to GDP and prices as an economy is hit by a shock. For each question, mark clearly the axis, the curves, and the equilibria.
- Draw the aggregate demand curve and the short and long run supply curves for a country in one diagram. Assume that the country starts out in long-run equilibrium.
- The economy is hit by a negative demand shock. Illustrate the shift(s) in your diagram. Mark clearly the price level and output in the new equilibrium as P2, Y2.
- What could have caused the negative demand shock? List at least 2 events.
- After the negative demand shock, while the economy is in Y2, what is the unemployment rate like compared to full employment?
- What will happen over time in this economy if it is left to itself, with no intervention from economic policy? Illustrate how curve(s) will shift, and explain briefly (Max 2 sentences). Mark clearly the new long-run equilibrium levels of output as Y3 and the price level P3.
- Assume instead that the government decides to use fiscal policy to revert the economy to long-run equilibrium because they are concerned about the situation. The government decides to increase spending by $220 mill. The government estimated that MPC = 0.55. Which curve will shift, and by how much? Illustrate the shift in your graph.
- Go to bea.gov. On the right hand side, you will find various new data.
- What was the real GDP growth in the 3rd quarter (Q3)?
- Follow the link to the press release: What was the real GDP growth rate in the 2nd quarter?
- You can see in the graph with real GDP growth rates that real GDP growth rate varies a lot by quarter, but what are some reasons that real GDP has on average a clear positive growth rate over time? (i.e. what are some of the factors that explain trend growth in real GDP over time?)
- What was the exact timing of the press release? (On top of the release)
Need help-Microeconomics Assignment
Suppose you spend your daily income ($100) into two goods: foods and other goods (composite goods), and suppose your preference over these two goods are represented by the following utility function: , where α is a constant number.
Let’s denote foods as x1 (horizontal axis) and other composite goods as x2 (vertical axis).
If foods price is $5 per unit,
- Find the optimum consumption bundle (for both goods as a function of α) (3 points)
- Find the range for α that could result in interior optimum solution for this problem. (2 points)
- Give an example number for α that could result in corner optimum solutions and write down the utility function. (1 point)
In this question you are asked to create a utility function and to find the optimum consumption bundle.
- Find an example of two perfect complement goods (please do not use the examples we used in the lectures, quizzes, and exams). Try to find your own unique example. (2 points)
- Assign a number to the ratio of the two complement goods (for example, when ratio is 1 for tea and sugar, one pack of sugar is used together with one cup of tea), and also assign numbers to the prices of the two goods. (1 point)
- Suppose the total budget to be spent for these two goods is $I. Find the optimum consumption basket. (3 points)
- Change price of any of the two goods by 10 percent. To consume the same amount of the two goods as before how the other price must change (assuming no change in the income)? (3 points)
Use the utility function from the following Cobb-Douglas utility functions:
- Assign numbers for Px and Py and total income. (For example, Px=$5, Py=$1, I=100, etc.) (1 point)
- Change (increase or decrease) Px by any amount, and find the substitution and income effects of the price change on the consumption of good X. (4 points)
Assignment 1 Requirements
For this and other assignments you will be working on the analysis and design specifications and models of a continuous case study. For this assignment, you will focus on the requirements for the Community Patient Portal System (CPPS) case study. In a Word document complete Questions 1, 2, 3, 4 for Community Patient Portal System (CPPS) Part requirements. Read the Community Patient Portal System (CPPS) Part 1 case study.
- List and define the stakeholders for CPPS? How involved should CPO’s patients in the system definition? As the business grows, who else might be potential stakeholders and interested in system functions? When you define something, use the phrase “A(n) itemtobedefined” is a …” and then complete the sentence.
- List and describe the specificanalysis techniques would you use to determine the requirements if you were hired to design and implement this system? What questions would you need answered? Make a list.
- What technology and communication requirements would be necessary? What kind of computer equipment/hardware would be necessary? What are your recommendations?
- Number, list, and describe the primary functional requirements for the system? Number, list, and describe the primary nonfunctional requirements?
- Submit your Word file and name it like LastNameFirstNameAssignment1.
- Make certain that you include the above numbered questions with the answers in your document.
- Include your name and assignment number at the top of your Word document.
- Insert any graphics into your Word document. Do not submit any graphics separately.
Your assignment will be graded with the following rubric:
|Rubric for Assignments||Points|
|Content & Development 50%||50/50|
|Grammar, Punctuation, & Spelling 15%||15/15|
|Readability & Style 5%||5/5|
|Timeliness (late deduction 10 points) Optional|